March Break has arrived! While our school is asynchronous and self-paced, we do want encourage students and teachers alike to take some well-deserved time away from their courses and spend it with their families and friends.
Whether you already have a jam-packed week full of fun adventures or if you need some inspiration for something new to do, the team here at CVS has compiled a list of family friendly activities to do over the March Break. We hope that you take this time to be with one another, and enjoy your break if you choose to take one!
- Visit a museum, zoo, library, aquarium, or science centre! If time or budget does not allow, try these online resources instead:
- Go for a hike on a nature trail near you. Not sure where one is close to you? Visit AllTrails and use their search engine to find a good trail near you. Remember to take nothing but pictures and leave nothing but footprints!
- Go camping in your living room. Instead of a typical movie night, have a camp-out. Eat easy, simple food for dinner and fix s’mores for dessert. Make a fort and use sleeping bags or pillows and blankets to get comfy. Watch movies from the comfort of your “tent”.
- Have a restaurant day! Choose a recipe that you don’t typically have and with your parents help or supervision, make dinner (and dessert if you want!). Have everyone dress up more than usual and set the table like a classy restaurant. If you need help finding a recipe, check out allrecipes.
- It is maple syrup season! If you can’t make it to a sugar shack for some fresh Maple Syrup, make some pancakes and enjoy at home! Don’t like pancakes? Check out these other ways to enjoy maple syrup with a DIY Sugar Shack at Home.
- Go to your local recreation center for some inexpensive or even free activities like swimming or skating! Don’t forget to pack a thermos of hot chocolate for afterwards.
Please note that the CVS Administrative office will be closed over the week of March 14 – 18. We will respond to any inquiries when we return.