Members of the Advisory Board serve as a critical community champion of Christian Virtual School. Members share their gifts in service to the mission and values of the school with their professional expertise; their diverse knowledge, backgrounds, and perspectives; their connections to resources, colleagues, or peers; and their passion for Christian education. Advisory Board members are responsible for acting in the best long-term interests of Christian Virtual School, as well as the community, and will bring to their discussions a broad knowledge, a long-range view, and an openness to learning and collaborating with others.
Requirements of Advisory Board membership include:
- Commitment to the work, mission, and values of the organization.
- Abide by the bylaws, code of conduct, and other policies that apply to the board.
- Attendance at monthly Advisory Board meetings.
- Attendance at Annual General Meetings.
- Support of special events.
An Advisory Board member is fully informed on organizational matters and participates in discussions around matters of content direction, inclusivity, diversity, and cohesiveness.
The Member must:
- Develop an understanding of the business, market and industry trends
- Provide ‘wise counsel’ on issues raised by the Executive Director, Principal, or other management
- Provide unbiased insights and ideas from a third point-of-view
- Encourage and support the exploration of new ideas
- Act as a resource for the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and Principal
- Provide social networking platform for the Board of Directors, Executive Director, and Principal
- Monitor business performance for alignment to mission and values
- Impose challenges to the Executive Director and Principal that could improve the business
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.