Christian Virtual School issues three reports to parents for our elementary school students. There is a progress report, then a midterm report and then a final report. All three reports are completed by the teacher, reviewed by the principal, and issued by the school to the student’s parents. The progress report is issued early on to provide a snapshot of the student’s progress and identify any areas of concern for the student and parent before the student gets to the half-way point of the course. There is no grade associated with this report. Instead, a student is identified as progressing well, progressing very well, or progressing with difficulty by the teacher based on their observations so far. The progress report also includes an evaluation of the student’s learning skills and work habits as Excellent, Good, Satisfactory, or Needs Improvement, as well as comments on student strengths and suggested steps for improvement. If you have received a progress report from Christian Virtual School and would like to discuss any part of it, please do not hesitate to contact our administration team. You can do so by calling the school at 1 (888) 677 6702 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learning Skills and Work Habits
To further explain the learning skills and work habits, and how they are evaluated, a list of how these skills can be demonstrated in the online learning environment is included below.
- Fulfills responsibilities and commitments within the learning environment, including submitting all assignments.
- Completes all the activities within the course material and is in regular communication with their teacher.
- Thoughtfully engages in learning activities and uses feedback to improve their work.
- Devises and follows a plan and process for completing work and tasks.
- Establishes priorities and manages time to complete tasks and achieve goals.
- Identifies, gathers, evaluates, and uses information, technology, and resources to complete tasks.
- Submits clearly named files correctly and in a suitable format.
- Independently monitors, assesses, and revises plans to complete tasks and meet goals.
- Uses time online appropriately to complete tasks.
- Follows instructions with minimal supervision.
- Participates regularly in class discussions and responds positively to the ideas, opinions, values, and traditions of others.
- Builds healthy peer-to-peer relationships, and communicates regularly with their teacher.
- Shares information, resources, and expertise, and promotes critical thinking to solve problems and make decisions.
- Looks for and acts on new ideas and opportunities for learning.
- Demonstrates the capacity for innovation and a willingness to take risks.
- Demonstrates curiosity and interest in learning.
- Approaches new tasks with a positive attitude.
- Recognizes and advocates appropriately for the rights of self and others.
- Makes comments or constructive criticisms of course content.
- Sets own individual goals and monitors progress towards achieving them.
- Seeks clarification or assistance when needed.
- Assesses and reflects critically on own strengths, needs, and interests.
- Identifies learning opportunities, choices, and strategies to meet personal needs and achieve goals.
- Perseveres and makes an effort when responding to challenges.