We are so excited to host our third annual Grade 8 to Grade 9 Transition Information Session on April 26, 2023. The change between elementary school and secondary school can feel daunting and sometimes be confusing and overwhelming. Students are suddenly choosing their courses, earning credits, and navigating prerequisites – all unfamiliar things coming from either elementary school or a homeschooling environment.
Here at Christian Virtual School, we want to mitigate any apprehension or concerns, and make this transition as smooth as possible. With over 20 years of combined experience in education and secondary school administration, we offer this transition information session in order to answer questions and address concerns students entering Grade 9 may have.
During the session, we will:
- Provide a guided tour of our Brightspace Learning Environment and courses
- Discuss course selection and a typical Grade 9 year
- Outline the OSSD requirements, including any recent changes
- Provide a quick virtual tour of myBlueprint – a career/life planning tool that all full time CVS students have access to
- Answer any questions or concerns
It is our priority to connect learners to quality online, Christian education. All of our Ontario Certified Teachers are passionate about supporting their students in their academics as well as their individual walks with Christ.
Come and join us! Register now for the free Grade 8 to 9 Transition Information Session on April 26, 2023 at 7:00 PM: